Thursday, March 3, 2016

YUPB Daily Inspiration With Rapsody of Realities

Don't Despise Prophecy . 

Thursday, March 3rd .
Pastor Chris
Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues (1 Corinthians 14:39).

In Acts 2:17 Peter quoted the words of the prophet Joel: "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy...." This was fulfilled on the day of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit came. In Acts 1:8, Jesus said you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. One of the ways to put that power to work is through the gift of prophecy.
The gift of prophecy is a door to the supernatural; it's a way to bring the supernatural power of God into your life, finances, job, or congregation if you're a minister of the Gospel. Therefore, you must learn to prophecy! If you speak in tongues long enough, the anointing will come on you to prophesy; the Word of God will bubble up within you. And when that anointing comes on you, with the Word boiling inside you, give it vent; let it out. That's prophecy.
To prophesy is to speak words that have divine potency; words that have life; so, don't despise prophecy. Prophecy is like a guiding light. It was through prophecy that the people knew about the coming of Jesus. There were so many prophecies that the Saviour—the Messiah—would come. The only proof that God had for the people to recognize and say, "This is the messiah," was His Word spoken by the prophets about Christ—the Messiah.
Prophecy is vital. Have there been prophecies about your life? Paul said to Timothy, "This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare" (1 Timothy 1:18). Make war with those prophecies. Take every word of prophecy concerning your life seriously. Write them down, so you don't forget, and chart your course with the creative power of God's Word in your mouth.
                   PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the gift of prophecy. My heart and mouth are filled with words of power, even now, to cause changes in my life and around me. I declare that my life is for your glory; my future is that of success, progress, and prosperity in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I dwell continually in peace, divine health, and in your grace, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Further Study: || Acts 2:17-18 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: ||
|| 1 Corinthians 14:3-4 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. 4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. ||
Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 10:1-31,
Numbers 11-13
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 23:22-35,
Psalm 55
EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional

No comments: